1. Settlement for brain
damage in Alaska
2. Settlement for botch in Western
3. Investigation of death in
4. Landmark article: Legality
of circumcision doubted in a legal journal
5. Landmark case: suit for uninformed consent in North Dakota
recent items about this case
6. Suit for lack of consent to circumcision
during heart operation in Louisiana
7. Prosecution for inadequate
consent in Sweden
8. Sexual discrimination in US
Law on Female Genital Mutilation
9. Recommendation for an eventual
ban in Sweden
10. Settlement for circumcision
contrary to parents' expressed wishes in Texas.
11. Article argues circumcision is contrary
to Canadian law.
12. A book on ethics argues doctors
may be guilty of malpractice even for "properly" performed
13. Landmark case: suit
against a "successful", parentally-consented infant circumcision.
14. "He doesn't need this
15. A judge rules against circumcision in a
landmark British case. (in re J)
16. Parents settle out of court - New
Jersey boy will stay intact.
17. Funding applied for in Canada for a court
challenge to extend Charter protection against genital
mutilation to males.
18. $1.4 million settlement for botched circumcision: legal summary * news story
19. Man gaoled for
circumcision of son
20. Circumcision regulated in
21. $80,000 settlement for circumcision
without (parental) consent.
22. $725,000 settlement for removing
tip of the glans.
23. French law would outlaw
24. $1.5M settlement
when penis lacerated (more than usually), clamp blamed.
of Federal Funds for Medicaid Non-Therapeutic Circumcision is Unlawful
- Letter to Pediatrics
Canadian lawyer reviews the law of Canada as it applies to the
circumcision of male children.
27. Offsite: a class action at SueEasy.com
28. German jurist declares
29. Judge's ruling that a boy
may refuse to be circumcised at 14
30. Genital Mutilation
Bill in Massachusetts
31. Federal law to derestrict
circumcision across the USA. (lapsed)
specialising in circumcision cases
33. Landmark talk: Infant male
genital cutting is already illegal
34. Germany - from ethical/legal
35. Circumcision is unethical and unlawful
in the Journal of Law, Medicine and Ethics
The law and other body modifications:
piercing, docking dogs' tails, FGM, hair-cutting, castration, organ